[vtkusers] Fixing vtkPolyDataToImageStencil

Ricardo A Corredor ra.corredor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 14:05:31 EDT 2014

Hi David,

I just made a test using my data and your patch. It seems it is working
well, but I still don't get how the tolerance should be selected. I explain
myself with the following image and description:
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5728996/PolyDataRasterization.jpeg>

I'm using a very simple modified version of the VTK Cxx example,
PolyDataToImageData (code and data are here: http://git.io/s49TIA). I used
two polydata (the cells of both polydata are polylines, i.e. closed contours
along Z axis, that could be seen in the image in white), one reasonably
bigger than the other one (in the image you will see the body and a
structure inside), but keeping same properties. When using the Tolerance
(0.001) by default in the big polydata (the body), the 'raster' image is
generated correctly. When using the same code in the small structure, the
output image still has strange blank lines (left part of the image).
However, if I decrease considerably the Tolerance (0.00001), the result is
correct (right part of the image).

Does it makes sense to you? Is that normal?

Thanks!

Regards,

Ricardo
RaC