[vtkusers] Fwd: Bug in vtkPolyData

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Nov 14 21:59:05 EST 2014

Hi Paul,

I was part of that fix and I think it's correct. There may have been more
to that fix though since it took a couple of shots before getting it
correct so the git history may not be as pristine as desired. If you can
give me more specifics on the bug though I can try to see what's going on
with it. If I remember correctly though, that fix had to do with the fact
that some places thought that the order of iterating through cells in a
vtkPolyData was first through all vertex cells, then all line cells, then
all polys and finally through all triangle strips, irregardless of the
order that cells got inserted in (i.e. using InsertNextCell()). The reality
is that for polydata that cells are indeed iterated through in their
insertion order. The test that was added for those changes hopefully shows
the proper functionality along with associated cell data manipulations as
well.

Regards,
Andy