[vtkusers] Polydata filtering in real-time

Nil Goyette nil.goyette at imeka.ca
Fri May 23 13:58:19 EDT 2014

While waiting for an answer, I tried coding the third solution I had:
"Extend vtkPolyData to add the concept of visibility". I took
vtkStructuredGrid as an example, noted where this->CellVisibility
appears and extended vtkPolyData with the important methods: Initialize,
GetCellType and GetCell_1-2, added Blank, UnBlank, etc.

Of course, it didn't work and I'm not sure why.  It seems GetCell and
GetCellType are never called. I was sure that one method somewhere
during the rendering process called them but it's not the case. What I
don't understand then is, if all methods related to CellVisibility are
not called, how can it works for vtkStructuredGrid? There's no example
using vtkStructuredVisibilityConstraint. Do I need to pass the result of
polydata->GetCellVisibilityArray() to another method?

--
Logo Imeka <http://imeka.ca/> 	Nil Goyette, M.Sc.
Programmeur