[vtkusers] heads up: changes to vtk web site and examples coming

Pani,John Robert jrpani at louisville.edu
Sat May 17 13:21:10 EDT 2014

As someone who has been learning vtk over the past several months, these revisions all sound timely.  I would like to particularly encourage the further work on the examples.  The ones on the main site now are very useful, but it is easy to outgrow them.  The in-source examples/tests are often very nice extensions (example:  texturedButtonWidget.cxx in basic examples  --> TestButtonWidget.cxx in the source examples).  This is explained in the User Guide, but some continued development of the organizing and cross-referencing of the examples could really save people time (bug-eyed teeth-gritting high-blood-pressure professional time).

Best,

John