[vtkusers] display 3Dglyph with VTK6

Girault, Alexis girault at email.unc.edu
Thu May 15 17:31:05 EDT 2014

I am working on ShapePopulationViewer, a NITRC tool and also a module in Slicer4.

When trying to go from VTK5 to VTK6 I ran into multiple problems, here is the first :

I used to display surfaces with point attributes, that could be scalar or vectors.
Scalar attributes would be displayed as a color for the mesh point, and vector attributes as 3D arrow glyph.
1. scalars only : http://www.nitrc.org/project/screenshot.php?group_id=759&screenshot_id=705
2. with vectors : http://www.nitrc.org/project/screenshot.php?group_id=759&screenshot_id=706

We updated the code following the two first lines of the VTK6 Migration Guide :
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/VTK_6_Migration_Guidee

Here is the example that includes most of the code updated related to the 3dglyph :
https://gist.github.com/agirault/aabbf6ccb96518509683

The issue : with VTK5, the glyphs are displayed, with VTK6, they are not.
Any ideas? I am doing something wrong when setting the inputs for the data to read?

Thanks.
Alexis