[vtkusers] Installation of VTK in Code::Blocks

Sonya Blade sonyablade2010 at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 02:16:46 EDT 2014

Dear All,
I'm trying to configure the C::B to work with VTK library, I 've downloaded the vtkpython_6-1-0-Windows-64bit self-installer and VTK6-1-0 zipped source  folder.After istalling the self-installer I got the VTK-6-1/bin folder full of precompiled dlls. e.g. vtkCommonColor-6.1.dll, vtkCommonCore-6.1.dll, vtkCommonDataModel-6.1.dll etcc.I'd like to know with which compiler the precompiled dlls are compiled with?
It seems that, precompiled dlls mostly are targeted for visual studio ide enviroment.Which way to follow if I prefer to compile or use the precompiled libraries with GNU compilers in CodeBlocks?
Aside from that, even if I configure the C::B for VC++10 the given example at the http://www.vtk.org/VTK/help/examplecode.html (Creating a Sphere) doesn'tcompile an compilers complains about :"vtk_main.cpp|20|error C2039: 'SetInput' : is not a member of 'vtkPolyDataMapper'|Probably the code is obsolete?
Your guidance will be appreciated,