[vtkusers] Possible to specify vtk-graph-edge-lenghts based on a weight/similarity-array?

Ole Kristian Ekseth oekseth at gmail.com
Sun May 11 16:01:27 EDT 2014

Hi,

Working on visualization of complex cellular networks*:
-- have dived into the VTK-infovis library (eg, vtkGraphLayoutView) in
search for functionality to specify the length of arcs/edges, so far without
success**.
-- any suggestions for how using existing VTK-classes/functions to visualize
a network with pre-defined topology and edge-length***?

* A PhD in bioinformatic covering HPC semantic knowledge analyzes of
heterogeneous networks.
** If necessary I'll write an new vtk-class for this purpose, though if the
wheel exists, there's not point re-inventing it ;)
*** If my question is a bit fuzzy, then please do not hesitate asking! ;)

Best regards,

Ole Kristian Ekseth
NTNU, Norway