[vtkusers] CMake Error at CMake/vtkModuleAPI.cmake

John Anaia john.anaia at gmail.com
Sat May 10 02:14:50 EDT 2014

Dear vtkusers,

I am having a hard time to configure CMake to build VTK from source. After
setting source and binary folders on CMakeGUI, I got two error messages
related to cmTryCompileExec. After skipping these error messages, CMake
proceeded to a normal completion. Then I enabled Build_Examples, and got
the following error message:

CMake Error at CMake/vtkModuleAPI.cmake:120 (message):
Requested modules not available:

vtkTestingCore
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/vtk61/vtkbin/VTKConfig.cmake:81 (vtk_module_config)
C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindVTK.cmake:73
(find_package)
Examples/AMR/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package)

My Configuration:

CMake 2.8.212
VS 11 x64 Pro.
VTK 6.1
Qt 5.2.1-opengl  (not enabled yet)
Windows 8.1 Home
TCL 8.6.1  (Wrap was not enabled yet)

Please help resolve this issue. Thank you all,
John