[vtkusers] cmTryCompileExec has stopped working (CMake GUI)

John Anaia john.anaia at gmail.com
Sat May 10 02:08:12 EDT 2014

While configuring CMAKE to compile VTK from source, I got this error
message twice:

cmTryCompileExec764526227.exe has stopped working. (the number in name
suffix varys)

After selecting Close the Program, CMAKE continues to configure. Please
note that this error message popped up before I changed any parameter value
on CMake GUI. Qt support and TCL Wrap were not enabled. I googled around
and found that this may be an unresolved issue for my configuration:

CMake 2.8.212
VS 11 x64 Pro.
VTK 6.1
Qt 5.2.1-opengl
Windows 8.1 Home
TCL 8.6.1

Is it better to use non-OpenGL version of Qt 5.2.1? Any solution to this
problem.

Thank you for your assistance.
John