[vtkusers] Reslice+Users Transform

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:51:47 EDT 2014

Hi Simone,

Your assessment is correct, the qform and sform are used to put the
volumes into the "anatomical coordinate space", as defined by the
nifti standard.

So the transform that you want to apply to the images, does it go from
the anatomical coordinate space of the MRI to the anatomical
coordinate space of the ultrasound?  As I said in my previous email,
vtkImageReslice goes from the data coordinate space of its output to
the data coordinate space of its input.  So if your transform uses
anatomical coordinates, then you have to convert it to data
coordinates before you use it with vtkImageReslice.  If your transform
already uses data coordinates, then you can ignore the qform and sform
and use your transform with vtkImageReslice directly (but you have to
make sure it is going in the correct direction, of course).

   David