[vtkusers] vtkScalarBarWidget and left button events

C P cp.vtk.user at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:15:23 EDT 2014

Dear vtk users,

how can I process left mouse button clicks on a vtkScalarBarWidget? In the
documentation it says, that "It listens to Left mouse events and mouse
movement". However, I am registering an observer like

  m_scalar_bar_widget->AddObserver(vtkCommand::LeftButtonReleaseEvent,
this);
  m_scalar_bar_widget->AddObserver(vtkCommand::LeftButtonPressEvent, this);

but the Execute method of this is never called. Why is that? How else
should I react to these events?

It appears to me that VTK is an example of how NOT to implement event
processing ...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best
cp