[vtkusers] Rendering triangles method

sean.larkin at lickenbrocktech.com sean.larkin at lickenbrocktech.com
Thu Mar 6 15:13:15 EST 2014

Hello,
I have a text file which defines a number of objects in 3D space.  Each
object has "nodes", which represent x,y,z positions, and then "cells",
which represent triangles by defining three "nodes" to connect.  I've
never rendered this kind of data before, as I generally render image
data.  There is an example here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/TriangleArea

Would this be a good way to construct the triangles?  And then render
them with vtkPolyDataMapper?  There are hundreds of objects, each with
as many as a thousand points.  I have no problem parsing the text file,
I just want to use the best method to construct and render the objects.

Thanks,
Sean