[vtkusers] vtkBioeng with java !

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 06:20:08 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell <
marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Goodwin Lawlor
> <goodwin.lawlor.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > vtkbioeng is C++ library containing VTK subclasses. Like any VTK class
> they
> > can wrapped into Tcl/Python/Java. I've wrapped Tcl & Python but not
> Java. It
> > shouldn't be difficult though.
> >
> > The licence is the same as VTK's - BSD. The licence is on the Sourceforge
> > page but not Github - sorry, I'll updated that!
> >
> This looks like an excellent candidate for the external VTK modules
> that Bill Lorensen recently mentioned, it would be great to gather
> more of these external modules in a searchable location. Thanks for
> pointing it out.
>
> Marcus

Hi Marcus,

That's a great idea - I'll investigate ITK remote modules.

One of the reasons the classes weren't submitted to VTK for consideration
in the first place was the maintenance overhead that I may or may not have
been able to commit to.

I see ITK policy* requires a remote module to have a nightly build and an
OA article on theory and usage. I'd be willing to do this but just need to
find the time.

Thanks,

Goodwin

*