[vtkusers] Select cells within vtkPolyData object using a query string

Christian Bauer christian.bauer at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jun 17 04:53:08 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I currently try to use the VTK C++ library, more precisely I try to extract a selection by using a query string.
Sadly I receive this error message from within vtk:

ERROR: In ~/git/VTK/Filters/Extraction/vtkExtractSelection.cxx, line 365
vtkExtractSelection (0x7f8dd061ed30): Unrecognized CONTENT_TYPE: 9

The following part of the code produces the error:

selection_node->SetFieldType(vtkSelectionNode::CELL); // select cells
selection_node->SetContentType(vtkSelectionNode::QUERY); // use query string for selection
selection_node->SetQueryString("scalars[:,0] == 1");
selection->AddNode(selection_node);
extract_selection->SetInputData(0,bounding_poly); // a vtkPolyData object containing a triangulation
extract_selection->SetInputData(1,selection);
extract_selection->Update();

So my question is: How can I implement the selection by a query string?

Best
Christian Bauer
--
Christian Bauer