[vtkusers] DICOM writing

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 08:37:12 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:18 AM, Richard Whitehead <
richard.whitehead at vivosight.com> wrote:

> Please can someone tell me how to export a volume or slices to DICOM files?
> I have found on the web a reference to vtkDICOMWriter, but it doesn't seem
> to be part of VTK 6.1.

I have a vtkDICOMWriter class as part of my vtk-dicom package:
http://github.com/dgobbi/vtk-dicom
http://dgobbi.github.io/vtk-dicom/doc/api/

It writes CT, MR, and Secondary Capture and goes to great lengths to ensure
proper translation between VTK information and DICOM meta data. More
modalities will be added in the coming months.

There is also a vtkGDCMImageWriter in the GDCM package, which I used to use
before writing my own class.

  - David