[vtkusers] vtkTiffWriter does not write 3d volume

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 00:03:47 EDT 2014

Hi Richard,

VTK already uses libtiff. Matheus has been looking into adding
the libtiff calls to the writer that will allow it to write 3D files.

Even with libtiff, writing 3D tiff files is not straightforward.  TIFF
has many mutually-incompatible ways of storing 3D data:
1) multi-page TIFF
2) tiled TIFF
3) Zeiss' 3D TIFF (non-standard, proprietary)
4) SGI's 3D TIFF (non-standard, proprietary)

 - David

Unfortunately, TIFF provides provides two standard ways, and
several non-

  David