[vtkusers] Polydata filtering in real-time

Nil Goyette nil.goyette at imeka.ca
Wed Jun 4 17:04:14 EDT 2014

Hi Cory,

Thanks for the answer. I wasn't aware that ImmediateModeRendering did
exactly that. (Btw, it's On, not Off). I tried what you suggested and it
does make the application faster, but not as fast as what I had before.
If I don't modify the mapper, I must create another vtkPolyData each
time I move my cube, then the standard mapper renders it. This gets me
near 10fps.

In my version, I modified the mapper to receive a set<vtkIdType>* (the
cells passing in the box) and a polydata* (all the fibers), so it
renders only the required cells. (it doesn't even render its input
object... it's a hack, I know). With this, there's no useless
points/cells copy. If there's a cleaner way to do it, I'm all ears :)

--
Logo Imeka <http://imeka.ca/> 	Nil Goyette, M.Sc.
Programmer