[vtkusers] vtk6.1/vtkChartXYZ mixing with 3D and OpenGL errors

ACU vtk at a-cunningham.com
Wed Jul 23 21:01:31 EDT 2014

Regarding this issue...
By inspection this appears to be an issue in vtkChartXYZ::DrawTickMarks
The PopMatrix() calls below is not matched by a a PushMatrix() under certain
conditions. The code is just not robust.

void vtkChartXYZ::DrawTickMarks(vtkContext2D *painter)
{
  vtkContext3D *context = painter->GetContext3D();
  float bounds[4];

  // draw points instead of lines
  context->ApplyPen(this->Pen.GetPointer());

  // treat each axis separately
  for (int axis = 0; axis < 3; ++axis)
    {
    // pop matrix since we'll be drawing text in 2D before we draw the
    // actual tick marks
    context->PopMatrix();

   if (tickSpacing == -1)
      {