[vtkusers] VTK shows blank screen when compiled in Release mode

ahmed at mufradat.com ahmed at mufradat.com
Thu Jul 10 09:33:05 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,
I am using vtkImageReslice in connection with vtkImageViewer2 to view 2D
slice of a 3d Dicomm image. Everything works great, Also when I try to
change the slice thickness by doing :
m_reslice->SetOutputDimensionality(2);
m_reslice->SetBackgroundLevel(-1000);
m_reslice->SetInterpolationModeToCubic();
  	m_reslice->SetSlabModeToMean();
m_reslice->SetSlabNumberOfSlices(m_thickness);
the code can be found here:
https://github.com/CardiacImagingCharite/CardiacPerfusion/blob/directions/vtkwidgets/multiplanarreformatwidget.cpp

Everything is working as expected. The only problem I face appears when
I compile VTK (5.10.1) in release mode.

In release mode, the program works fine, until i use a GUI slicer to
change the value of m_thickness at this point i get a black screen in
the viewer widget which does not happen if VTK was compiled in Debug
mode.

Please help me as I have been fighting with this for several weeks now
and I have ran out of ideas after played a lot with VTK cmake flags and
even installed a graphic card (Nvidia).

Best Regards,
Ahmed