[vtkusers] VTK and GDCM linker error

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 17 06:58:27 EST 2014

Hi,

I successfuly set up a project with Visual Studio 2010, CMake 2.8.9, QT
4.8.1, VTK 5.6.0 and GDCM 2.4.1. All libraries were linked together
successfully via CMake and everything is working fine. Now I wanna update
VTK to version 5.8.0. I have built it successfully (with QT support), then
I also rebuilt GDCM with new VTK support. Afterwards I tried to also
rebuilt my project, but I get following linker error:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
QVTKWidget::QVTKWidget(class QWidget *,class QFlags)" (??0QVTKWidget@
@QAE at PAVQWidget@@V?$QFlags at W4WindowType@Qt@@@@@Z) referenced in function
"public: __thiscall iisQAdvVTKWidget::iisQAdvVTKWidget(class QWidget
*,class QFlags)" (??0iisQAdvVTKWidget@@QAE at PAVQWidget
@@V?$QFlags at W4WindowType@Qt@@@@@Z)

Then I removed GDCM from my project -> no linker error anymore! Ultimately
that means to me, that VTK 5.8.0 does not fit to GDCM (while 5.6.0 does)?!
I don't know why this happens, any help would be appreciated.