[vtkusers] DICOM image rendered incorrectly

Fahlgren, Eric eric.fahlgren at smith-nephew.com
Fri Jan 10 14:08:57 EST 2014

So, I've implemented a bug fix by simply skipping all sequences in ReadNextRecord in Utilities/DICOMParser/DICOMParser.cxx .  This file appears to be ancient, with no real maintainer at present, so is there anyone here that would be willing to look my changes over and incorporate them into the base?  (Being myself the czar over a couple of large codebases, I'm very sensitive to stepping into something without proper oversight.)

A summary of my changes:

Add private member "bool Skipping" to the DICOMParser class.

In ReadNextRecord set Skipping to true when (group,element) == (fffe,e000) and false when (fffe,000d).  If skipping, do not perform any data storage callbacks.

Eric