[vtkusers] DICOM image rendered incorrectly

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 19:57:01 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Fahlgren, Eric <
eric.fahlgren at smith-nephew.com> wrote:

>  Thanks, David, I’ve been on the verge of moving to your vtk-dicom for a
> month or so, I hope to get to it soon.
>

> In any case, I’ve attached the image in a zip.
>

> I didn’t know about that “Stamp Image Sequence” block at all.  AHA!  I
> just deleted the stamp and now it renders fine!
>

> gdcmanon --dumb --remove 0089,1010 -i IM3anon -o IM3xxx
>

> Now my guess is reworked to think that the image reader is grabbing the
> metadata from the stamp image and applying them to the main image.

That makes sense.  I don't think the vtkDICOMImageReader even knows about
sequences.  If that is the case, then whatever attributes it reads from a
sequence will be treated as regular metadata and will overwrite
previously-discovered attributes.

I tried the file in my own vtk-dicom reader, and it displays just fine.  So
that eases my mind, at least.

  David