[vtkusers] VTK volume used as circular buffer

Richard Whitehead richard.whitehead at vivosight.com
Tue Feb 18 10:18:21 EST 2014

I have a system that is continuously acquiring 2D slices of data.  I'm
storing them in a vtkImageData to build up a volume.  But after some time I
need to wrap around to the start of the volume, overwriting the oldest data
with new slices.  To visualise this data correctly I need to treat it as 2
volumes and swap their locations.  Can anyone suggest a nice way of doing
this, without moving or copying the data?  My problem is that I have one
volume but need it to be viewed as two, I can't see how to connect this up.
Do I need to write a T-shaped mapper or something?