[vtkusers] Example using vtkProjectedTerrainPath and converting vtkPolyData to vtkImageData

Guillaume Dumont dumont.guillaume at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 11:55:21 EST 2014

Hi,

I have an elevation map stored in a STL file. I can successfully load this
as a vtkPolyData instance and display it. Now, I have several 2D polylines
that I want to display as paths on this surface. From the documentation (
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkProjectedTerrainPath.html#details)
I understand that I can use vtkProjectedTerrainPath for that. However, I
cannot find any examples of its usage.

Can anyone give me C++, Python or pseudo-code that would get me started?

>From what I understand I need to convert my vtkPolyData to vtkImageData.
How can I do that?

Many thanks.

Guillaume