[vtkusers] Clipping while preserving normals

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 13:18:33 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great! This is almost exactly what I needed! Was the option to only generate
> the flat endcaps, mentioned on the wiki as vtkCutClosedSurface, ever
> implemented?

Unfortunately, no.  It's on my ever-lengthening to-do list.

> Currently I'm filtering the resulting triangles for all their
> z-coordinate being on the cut plane, but this quite wasteful in time for a
> large model and a large amount of slices.

For vtkClipClosedSurface, the only option is to generate the whole
output with the SetScalarModeToLabels() option, and to use an
additional VTK filter to extract only the polys that have a label
that indicates that they are part of the cut surface.  For example,
the vtkThreshold class can probably do this.

  David