[vtkusers] ITK/VtkGlue

Bernhard Froehler vtk at bfroehler.info
Sat Feb 8 05:10:35 EST 2014

Hi

I have seen this problem too, both on Ubuntu and on Mac OS.
On Linux it was fixed for me by switching from Ubuntu 12.04 to 13.10,
and accordingly from some custom-ppa Qt5 packages to the ones officially
included in 13.10 - not sure what exactly changed to fix it - my wild
guess would be that this is an issue with the cmake files included in Qt.
As a workaround, you can edit the file containing the reference
(Modules/Bridge/VtkGlue/src/CMakeFiles/ITKVtkGlue.dir/link.txt). Just
removing the offending entry (" -lQt5::Widgets") made the build run
through fine for me.

The same problem subsequently also happened for our app relying on
ITK/VTK/Qt; the same workaround helped there too.

Regards,
Bernhard