[vtkusers] QVTKWidget and MacOS problems

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Dec 3 11:30:46 EST 2014

On Wed, 3 Dec 2014 03:52:53 -0700, mbcx9rb9 said:

>Can confirm same problem. QVTKWidget is quarter size when program is on
>macbook pro screen, but not on thunderbolt display. However, I get the
>terminal errors regardless of which screen it's on.

That does sound related to "retina displays", or more specifically "HiDPI mode".  With non-retina displays, 1 point = 1 pixel, but with retina 1 point = 2x2 pixels.

Is your thunderbolt display retina?  Could you test on a non-retina Mac?  You can also enable HiDPI mode on non-retina Macs using Quartz Debug, or maybe even SystemPreferences>Displays these days.  These tests should at least be enough to confirm HiDPI mode is the issue here.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com