[vtkusers] tool for CTest testing of new vtkFilters with vtkPolyData output

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Wed Dec 3 09:35:48 EST 2014

Dear mailing list members,

Is there a tool to use for CTest testing as incorporated in the VTK-Journal of
new vtkFilters with vtkPolyData output?
There is Image Compare for images (http://www.vtkjournal.org/help/submission)
but I could not find any examples for the testing of filters producing vtkPolyData.
Instead of providing an expected output image I'd want to provide an expected
output vtk-file for the test in the VTK-Journal. Would
vtkHausdorffDistancePointSetFilter
(http://www.vtkjournal.org/browse/publication/839) be a good choice for such
comparison instead of just comparing number of Points and Cells?

Where can I find some general instructions on how to design tests for
contributions of filters for the VTK-Journal? E.g. how to set up the section in
CMakeLists.txt with varying test parameters?

Thanks for any help or hints.
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-9574