[vtkusers] The differences about VTKData and VTK LargeData between VTK 5.10 and VTK 6.1

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Aug 27 08:57:44 EDT 2014

Hi Hongsongyang,

In VTK 6.1, you do not have to clone external repositories to get the
testing data anymore. It will be downloaded automatically the first
time you build VTK. The VTK_DATA_STORE path is where these files will
be saved. See http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git/Develop/Data#Building
for more details.

Note that you can point several VTK builds to the same data directory
so that you don't have to a). use up additional disk space and b).
spend time download the data again.

Hope that helps,
Cory