[vtkusers] VTK port to Google (portable) native client available?

Marco Nawijn nawijn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:23:21 EDT 2014

Dear All,

I am in the process of creating a web application that could benefit from
VTK libraries. I have played around with Google (portable) native client
[1] for the past couple of days and are rather pleased with the results and
performance. So the obvious next test is to see if I can use VTK. However,
it seems that you specifically need to port libraries to this platform. I
have
no idea if this is straightforward or not. But to avoid inventing the wheel
again,
I thought I as here first. So the questions I have are the following:

a.) Did anyone already try to port VTK to (P)NaCl. If so, is the this port
available?
b.) If the answer to (a) is no, is there anyone who can estimate the
effort? Note
      that I am willing to do (part of) the work and release the result to
the
      community.

[1] https://developer.chrome.com/native-client

Kind regards,