[vtkusers] 2D isolines with labels

Federico Veronesi f.veronesi at scsitaly.com
Tue Aug 26 06:32:28 EDT 2014

Dear vtkusers,

can you suggest me a way to implement a contour with label for 2D images.
I would like to achieve a visualization similar to a cartographic map, in
which each isoline is interrupted and a label is placed inline. Typically,
this visualization is used for altitude map.

have a look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IGRF_2000_magnetic_declination.gif

I have already tried vtkPointSetToLabelHierarchy
and vtkLabelPlacementMapper, but results are poor, because the contours are
not interrupted and the orientation of labels should depend by zoom factor.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Federico