[vtkusers] Problem with "Compute Gaussian, Mean, Minm and Max Curvatures" example

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 09:09:04 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Sky77 <Joan.Hensen at outlook.de> wrote:

> Hey David,
>
> i get the same result as you when i comment the following line out:
>
> // mapper->SetLookupTable(lut);
>
> It is not nice that the Gaussian curvature fall off to 0.0316. Also there
> should be an area with negative Gaussian curvature, which is missing
> completely. Maybe i did something wrong when i merge the two spheres?

The way you have "merged" the two spheres leaves pieces of the spheres
inside of the surface that we can see. Try merging them using one of the
capabilities of this filter:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkBooleanOperationPolyDataFilter.html
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/BooleanOperationPolyDataFilter

David