[vtkusers] Timestep name

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 25 08:12:41 EDT 2014

Chris,

In the pvd file, which is just an XML metadata file, you will see tags named DataSet that point to the vtu files. The DataSet tag supports a timestep attribute that takes a number that represents the time value. These time values do not have to be integers and do not have to be regularly spaced.

However, the timestep attribute does have to be a number. You will have to convert your time to some seconds/hours/days from some reference point.

-Ken

Kenneth Moreland
Sandia National Laboratories
email: kmorel at sandia.gov