[vtkusers] Correct coordinate transformations for DICOM data set.

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:51:50 EDT 2014

Hi Vipul,

For the default position of the VTK camera,

X points right
Y points up
Z points out of the screen

So, yes, if one simply tries to slap a DICOM image up on
the screen with VTK, it will be displayed with the wrong
orientation.  After all, VTK is a general-purpose graphics
library, so its default settings are not tuned specifically
for DICOM.

Setting up the camera properly, so that you get the desired
view of your data, is a must.

 - David