[vtkusers] VTK_ENCODESTRING_EXE in VTK 6.1

Anka Kochanowska anka at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 18 11:39:35 EDT 2014

Hi!
1.
Could someone help me to find and use vtkEncodeString command in VTK 6.1?

In vtk 5.10 it was defined in VTKConfig.cmake as follows:

# Other executables

IF (NOT CMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING)

  SET(VTK_ENCODESTRING_EXE "${VTK_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin/vtkEncodeString")

ENDIF (NOT CMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING)

Now, in the bin directory I see only vtkEncodeString-6.1, no variable
VTK_ENCODESTRING_EXE defined anywhere.

It was used in our project to encode cl files into a  C string
literals in header files.

2.

Where are now defined all those variables that were set in
VTKConfig.cmake, vtk 5.10?

Example - I used to check if VTK_USE_QT was set in order to make sure
that vtk was built with qt support. How do I check it now?

Thanks

Anka