[vtkusers] Object reconstruction from stack of ROIs

ferluduena xpelaox at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 08:49:10 EDT 2014

Hi! I've been working for a while with VTK in C#.

What i've been trying to do is a software that will let the user capture
medical images, and draw the Regions Of Interest of the organs he wishes to
reconstruct.

I've been using two different VTK functions, but i'm still not convinced, im
sure there might be a better way.

What i have is a Volume class, which lets me stack matrices with the ROIS (A
simple linked list) and i also can add empty matrices in the middle of the
rois, in order to make some kind of interpolation in the future.

What i do is making matrices full of zeros, and filling with ones the ROI (I
end up having circles of ones), then i get the 3d points and insert it into
a vtkpolydata.

One option is using Contour Filter, which shows potential for reconstructing
with great detail, but i get strange things, like this:

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5728247/CF.jpg>

The other option is using Gaussian Splatter, which generates a nice
volume... but too roundish and with almost no detail, and it always builds
things with the same height, i'm not sure of how it works.

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5728247/Splatter.jpg>

finally, here is an image of what i'm aiming to build:

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5728247/Ideal.jpg>

So, any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!