[vtkusers] Can't pick a moved actor using the vtkAreaPicker

정순철 s.jung at etri.re.kr
Mon Aug 4 03:53:59 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I found a problem that the vtkAreaPicker couldn’t pick a moved actor in my project.

And I tested vtkAreaPicker using the example HighlightSelectedPoints.cxx.
A modified version of HighlightSelectedPoints.cxx was attached.
Before “renderer->AddActor(actor)”, I just added “actor->SetPosition(0.5, 0.5, 0)”.

In the original version, two points were selected when I dragged like Selecting.png.
But in the modified version, any points were not selected.

After tracing the source codes related to vtkAreaPicker::AreaPick(), I found that it doesn’t consider vtkProp3D’s matrix unlike vtkPicker.

Is this a bug of vtkAreaPicker??

Best Regards,
Soonchul Jung