[vtkusers] VTK and GPU Support

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue Apr 29 00:00:22 EDT 2014

Is this a debug windows build or a release build? When you change
number of spheres, do you see any performance changes (in proportion)?

When you say slow, how slow it is < 1O FPS? All of these information will
be useful.

Also you can try to use APITrace to debug VTK GL calls.

- Aashish

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 7:48 AM, Ulrich Kemloh <kemlohulrich at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am having some trouble activating GPU support in my VTK Application.
> I was wondering why my application was so slow although I am using
>  an nvidia quadro 4000 with the latest driver installed.
>
> The rendering is happening in a qvtkWidget and I am basically just
> rendering 2000 spheres (using glyphs).
>
> _renderingWindows->isDirect() returns false
> and the tests  VTKRenderingOpenGLCxx_tests.exe  tells "There is 0 GPU (s)"
>
> So I guess I am missing a very important point.
>
> Does vtk needs a special flag while building the libraries?
>
> I am using the 64bit version of Win7, VTK 6.1 and QT5.2.
>
> I am very looking forward to any help
>
> Thanks in advance and regards
>
> Ulrich

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*