[vtkusers] Visualization problem with normalized images

Nens nicolas.narbonne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 02:06:33 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have to display images in my soft. I do it well with a lot of images but
when I try to visualize a normalize image, I have a white image.
I think that the value of the image change and my QVtkWidget don't manage
it.
For exemple, maybe the value of my image is between 0 and 255 and when I
normalize the image, the value change to 0 and 1.
My workmate said to me that images values is allways between 0 and 1.

Also, when i keep my left button down and drag off to the upper right
screen, I change something to the image (contrast or something else) and i
can see the image. I use vtkInteractorStyleImage. What value is modified
when I do this ?

So, to resume, I want to display the image that I give to you in a
Qvtkwidget, could you help me ?

Thanks.
Sorry for my english.

The code :

  imageReader =
readerFactory->CreateImageReader2(inputFilename.toUtf8().constData());
            imageReader->SetFileName(inputFilename.toUtf8().constData());

            imageReader->SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedShort();
            imageReader->SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian();
            imageReader->UpdateWholeExtent();

            imageReader->Update();

            actorImage =   vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageActor>::New();
#if VTK_MAJOR_VERSION <= 5
            actorImage->SetInput(imageReader->GetOutput());
#else
            actorImage->SetInputData(imageReader->GetOutput());
#endif
            actorImage->SetInterpolate(0);

            renderer = vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer>::New();
            renderer->AddActor(actorImage);

            // Set the custom style to use for interaction.
            vtkSmartPointer<vtkInteractorStyleImage> style =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkInteractorStyleImage>::New();

            style->SetDefaultRenderer(renderer);

            renderer->ResetCamera();
            renderer->SetBackground(1,1,1);
            renderer->SetTexturedBackground(true);

            ui->qvtkWidget->GetRenderWindow()->AddRenderer(renderer);

ui->qvtkWidget->GetRenderWindow()->GetInteractor()->Initialize();

ui->qvtkWidget->GetRenderWindow()->GetInteractor()->SetInteractorStyle(style);

The image :
filtered00.png
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5726902/filtered00.png>