[vtkusers] Large datasets with vtkImageReader file seek error

Leo van Ruijven LvRuijven at gmx.com
Sun Apr 13 05:20:48 EDT 2014

Hi,

Changing the data type from "long" to "long long" is only part of the problem. The functions used to read the file are also not capable of handling large files. Under Linux these functions have all been given given 64 bit interfaces, but under Windows OS they are still 32 bits (at least for VS2008).I created my own version of vtkImageReader, where I used other (64-bit) file functions and I have have been using them allready for a few years without any problems. But I never submitted them to VTK, because I am not sure whether this solution also works on another OS or with other compilers, and I am also not able to test this.But if you like, I can send you a copy. And if there is someone able (and willing) to test them on other operating systems (and compilers), it might also be nice to add them to the VTK distribution.Regards, Leo.
L van Ruijven
Functional Anatomy (ACTA)
Gustav Mahlerlaan 3004
1081 LA Amsterdam
Netherlands
Ph. +31(0)20-5980852 (out of office on friday)