[vtkusers] vtkStripper/TriangleStrips not working on this particular data, why?

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Fri Apr 11 10:43:32 EDT 2014

Dear mailing list members,

Attached is a very simple test.vtp (see *_01.png) which for some reason cannot
be converted into a single vtkPolyLine with vtkStripper. Even if I use paraview
with Clean+Triangulate+TriangleStrip the result still consists of two
vtkPolyLine (see extracted cell 0 (thicker line) and green cell labels in
*_03.png).
Why does vtkStripper not yield a single vtkPolyLine from this particular
dataset? Is it the odd order of the points and lines?
Is this a bug?
If not, how can I achieve what I need, i.e. getting a single vtkPolyLine?

Any help or hints are very much appreciated
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-9574