[vtkusers] Dragging an object in the x-y plane

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:03:45 EDT 2014

I'm trying to create a toy x-y board which has pieces, realized as Actors,
that I can drag around in the x-y plane. Through the vtkPicker() I have
figured out how to choose a piece, and I can get the render window
coordinates through GetInteractor().GetEventPosition(). Further, if I now
move the mouse I can calculate a Dx,Dy shift in the window coordinate. But
I would now like to translate the Window Dx,Dy to an Actor Dx,Dy shift.
I.e. I would like to take a two pairs of xy coordinates in window
coordinates and calculate their respective positions in actor coordinates,
according to the current actor to dispay matrix. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!
Dov