[vtkusers] VTK CMakeLists.txt for test classes

Darren Roberts bropesda at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 10 07:10:23 EDT 2013

A typical '*CMakeLists.txt*' included with a VTK wiki example is shown
below;

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

PROJECT(Arrow)

find_package(VTK REQUIRED)
include(${VTK_USE_FILE})

add_executable(Arrow MACOSX_BUNDLE Arrow)
if(VTK_LIBRARIES)
  target_link_libraries(Arrow ${VTK_LIBRARIES})else()
  target_link_libraries(Arrow vtkHybrid)
endif()

I'm able to build the examples successfully in Windows 7 and Visual Studio
2012.

[image: Arrow example]

I would like to write a '*CMakeLists.txt*' file so that I can build/run a *test
class* (i.e. This one
ReebGraph/Testing<http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=tree;f=Filters/ReebGraph/Testing/Cxx;h=52aa70ab8410c8c51afa16f48092c2f65bda8b93;hb=HEAD>).
I'm assuming I'm right in saying that they require different kinds of make
files. The '*CMakeLists.txt*' for '*TestReebGraph.cxx*' is shown below.

vtk_add_test_cxx(TestReebGraph.cxx NO_DATA NO_VALID NO_OUTPUT)
vtk_test_cxx_executable(${vtk-module}CxxTests)

How would I write one for the testing class? Do I somehow have to merge the
two?