[vtkusers] VTK 6.1 linking/autoinit

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon Sep 9 11:42:33 EDT 2013

> I’ve been using VTK 6.0 libs with
>
> #define
vtkRenderingCore_AUTOINIT4(vtkInteractionStyle,vtkRenderingFreeType,vtkRe
nderingFreeTypeOpenGL,vtkRenderingOpenGL)
> #define vtkRenderingVolume_AUTOINIT1(vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL)
>
> I was just putting together a test project and decided to try the 6.1
libs and with the above mentioned defines
> I get several linker errors related to vtkRenderingOpenGL-6.1.lib ...

What linker errors do you get?

Do you put those #define lines before *every* VTK header file? (i.e. --
if you have some cpp files where you do and some where you don't, then
there could be link time inconsistencies that would cause linker
errors...)

HTH,
David C.