[vtkusers] VTK 6.0 and .NET Wrapper

Max smapersmaper at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 08:04:47 EDT 2013

Hi fasth,
I'm using activiz which is a .Net wrapper above vtk.
As you said it uses vtk 5.8, and I already asked about it in this forum -
no, no planning for developing vtk 6 for activiz in the near future...
It is really sad, since many cool features are present in vtk 6 and lack in
5.8 and some people even tried to convince me to develop in c++,
it is sad for activiz project, since if the support for it is discontinued,
all the huge efford until version 5.8 will be a waste (in a few months no
one will want to develop with vtk 5.8)
It is also sad for all the .Net developers since it can be a huge factor for
them not to use vtk at all.
I hope that kitware developers will reconsider their decision, since many
developers today are used to develop in .Net.

Max