[vtkusers] ActiViz.NET warning message

slarkin712 sean.larkin at lickenbrocktech.com
Fri Nov 22 09:56:54 EST 2013

I believe that you can find the proper instructions for linking to Activiz in
the user manual.  But I believe that you add the RenderWindowControl from
the 32 bit dll.  Then if you want to build 64-bit, you add a reference to
the 64 bit dll.  After that, just ignore the warnings if your program is
running correctly.  If you want to have a project build for both 32 and 64
bit you'll have to manually modify the project file - adding a refernce by
typing in the paths in the unloaded project file.

In case you haven't read, Activiz.NET has been abandon by VTK.  The latest
version that Activiz works with is VTK 5.8, and the current version of VTK
is 6.0 or 6.1.  You might consider not using Activiz for this reason.  I
built a C# interface 3-4 years ago and used Activiz for the 3D rendering,
and now I am scrambling to get it to work with the new VTK.  There are
issues in the old vtk/activiz in dealing with GPUs with more than 4GB VRAM.
Just a word of warning.