[vtkusers] Volume extraction

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 04:58:00 EST 2013

What do you mean by extract? Clip the image - set to 0 all values outside
the mesh, and perhaps resize the image to the non-zero bounding box? Or
clip the polygonal mesh such that triangles outside some bounding box are
removed from the mesh?

In the first case you should start by looking at the appropriate
example<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/ImageData/ExtractVOI>.
To create voxel mask of the closed surface, take a look at this
example<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/PolyDataToImageData>.
Then you can multiply voxel mask with image values to get a clipped volume.

In the second case, you should consider
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkClipPolyData.html or
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkExtractGeometry.html