[vtkusers] PolyData rendering problem

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Thu Nov 14 07:23:21 EST 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Frank Gao <Frank.Gao at guidemia.com> wrote:

> Hi Aashish, David,
>

> I found out some old posting, and got a clue that the code can be
> RenderWindow()->SetPolygonSmoothing() and
> RenderWindow()->SetMultiSamples(). Did some test and found out they can not
> be used together. Only SetMultiSamples() will solve the problem. I tried
> SetMultiSamples(8) and SetMultiSamples(2). Both worked fine. I have no idea
> which one we should use, and what’s the impact.

Don't use polygon smoothing that's the old way (
http://www.gamedev.net/topic/107637-glenablegl_polygon_smooth/)

Can you please confirm this is the right thing to do? And what number
> should we use in SetMultiSamples?

I believe VTK does this (http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Multisampling) the more
samples you have the poorer the performance you will get.  However, if your
data is not that big, then I would suggest set it to 8 if not then 4 should
be good enough.