[vtkusers] PolyData rendering problem

Frank Gao Frank.Gao at guidemia.com
Tue Nov 12 18:10:51 EST 2013

Hi All,

We are having some problems with the surface rendering in VTK. If the users
don't set their graphics card preference to "Quality", the surface rendering
will show a lot of "ghost" lines between the triangles, but they are not the
polydata edges. Completely display artifact. When the triangles are small,
this is much more obvious. I places a picture in the following link. The
left one has problem. The right one is when preference is set to "quality".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kvpzia57uggist/vtk_polydata_rendering_case.PNG

Because of this we have to tell the users to change their graphics card
setting. Is this something we can do in the code? Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Frank Gao