[vtkusers] Slicing unstructured dataset: st9bad_alloc

Laurence Griffiths lgriffiths.aero at gmail.com
Fri May 31 17:57:59 EDT 2013

The issue appears to be related to cutting polyhedral cells.

Im not sure if the cell faces being planar to the cutting plane was
significant here or not.

However if i tetrahedralise my dataset (in paraview at least), i am able to
slice it. If I leave the polyhedrals in, I get bad alloc errors thrown (in
paraview and vtk5 & vtk6)

The polyhedrals appear on the boundaries between two hex refinement regions
(i.e. a refinement of 2:1 on hex cells, the buffer cells are polys).

has anyone else experienced problems applying a vtkcutter to polhedral
cells?

Cheers,
Laurence.